Cedarwood Essential Oil
Cedarwood essential oil’s woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused to help support a relaxing nighttime routine. The cleansing and moisturizing properties associated with Cedarwood also make it a great addition to your favorite skin care products. When applied topically, it can help maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful skin. You can also massage Cedarwood oil into your scalp to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking hair.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Includes naturally occurring constituents that are high in sesquiterpenes.
- Helps maintain the appearance of youthful skin and healthy-looking hair
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused to support a relaxing nighttime routine
- Is a natural deodorizer
From the bottle: Warm, woody aroma
Cedrus atlantica† (Cedarwood) bark oil
†100% pure essential oil
- Apply 1-2 drops onto your pillow before going to bed.
- Add a couple of drops to a DIY outdoor spray blended with oils such as Citronella, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Myrtle, Clove, or Lemongrass to use at sporting events or while camping.
- Pamper yourself with an at-home scalp massage. Warm a few drops between your hands and rub it into your scalp for healthy-looking hair.
- Add Cedarwood to your favorite lotions and skin care products to help cleanse and moisturize the skin.
- Diffuse Cedarwood in the evening to create a relaxing atmosphere and help neutralize odors.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Set yourself up for a restful evening with a soothing, honey-like aroma.
- Discover the quiet moments with a balance of sweet and earthy fragrances to support focus.
Cedarwood essential oil has a warm, relaxing aroma that is soothing when diffused. It can be used topically on skin and hair to moisturize and condition.
Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily. Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Get to Know
The biblical Cedars of Lebanon are the Cedrus libani, which are very closely related to the cedars in contemporary Cedarwood oil. Historically, ancient Egyptians used Cedarwood oil in ceremonial rites. Young Living’s Cedarwood oil comes from Morocco, and it is steam distilled from the bark of the tree. Cedarwood is a key ingredient in Brain Power™, Grounding™, and Highest Potential™ essential oil blends and Cel-Lite Magic™ massage oil.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Cedrus atlantica
BOTANICAL FAMILY: Pinaceae
REGIONS FOUND: Morocco, USA; Cedrus atlantica is the species most closely related to the biblical Cedars of Lebanon.
PLANT PART USED: Bark
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled
YL REGION: Most Young Living Cedarwood essential oil comes from Morocco.
Cedarwood essential oil joined the Young Living family in 1994.