Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea Tree essential oil, also known as Melaleuca or Melaleuca Alternifolia oil, is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils, making it a must-have for every home. Because the benefits of Tea Tree oil include cleansing properties and a refreshing scent, this versatile oil can be used for everything from home cleaning solutions to skin care.
Keep a bottle of Tea Tree in your house to make homemade household cleaners, air fresheners, and linen spritzers. You can also find a world of uses for Tea Tree in your personal care and beauty routine. Incorporate this moisturizing yet cleansing oil into skin care applications and hair treatments for a spa-quality upgrade!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- May help reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Helps maintain healthy-looking hair and scalp
- Maintains the appearance of healthy skin and nails when applied to feet and toenails
- May work as a naturally derived deodorants
- Helps eliminate musky odors
- 1,8-cineole (Eucalyptol)
- From the bottle: Sharp, clean, astringent aroma
Melaleuca alternifolia† (Tea Tree) oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Add it to homemade soaps and moisturizers to experience its cleansing properties.
- Apply it to skin as part of your nighttime routine to help maintain the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Diffuse it to combat stale or unpleasant odors in the home.
- Combine it with citrus scents such as Lemon or Lemongrass for a natural deodorizer.
- Combine Tea Tree with water in a small glass spray bottle and use to freshen linens and towels.
Tea Tree essential oil has a fresh, invigorating scent that can be diffused to mask unpleasant odors. Tea Tree also makes a great addition to skin and beauty products because of its cleansing properties.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Combat the pungent odor of gym clothes radiating from your laundry room before tackling the endless pile of clothes and linens.
- Put your feet up and dissolve your day’s stresses in any room of the house with this renewing aroma for a memorable at-home spa experience.
- Jump over any mental block and stay focused with its clarifying, refreshing scent during late-night study or work sessions.
- Create a natural deodorizer for the kitchen after cleaning out the fridge by combining Tea Tree with one of your favorite Young Living citrus essential oils.
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 5 drops Citronella
- 3 drops Geranium
- 2 drops Tea Tree
- 2 drops Lemongrass
- 6 drops Valor®
- 2 drops Citrus Fresh™
- 2 drops Shutran™
- 2 drops Tea Tree
CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Get to Know
For centuries Tea Tree essential oil has been beloved for its countless wellness and beauty benefits. Today it’s one of the beauty industry’s favorite essential oils. Tea Tree essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree, native to Australia; the tree is part of the Myrtaceae botanical family.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Melaleuca alternifolia
BOTANICAL FAMILY: Myrtaceae
REGIONS FOUND: Australia, France, South Africa
PLANT PART USED: Leaves
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled
YL REGION: Most Young Living Tea Tree essential oil comes from Australia and South Africa.
Tea Tree essential oil joined the Young Living family in 1994.